The Married Woman was a series that broke new ground in the Indian OTT space and showcased relationships in a beautiful manner. While the music of the series completely swept viewers of their feet, it was the maturity with which a beautiful and mature love story was displayed, was the real winner. Viewers, who are waiting for the next season of this beautifully, complex love story won’t be disheartened ass the makers have promised a second season. However, on the eve of the first anniversary of the show, here’s looking at five reasons to revisit the pathbreaking show.
1. A beautiful love story: Monica Dogra and Ridhi Dogra’s chemistry as Peeplika and Astha was loved by all. The mature manner in the way their love story was treated has not been seen on screen before. Their chemistry was genuine, their love seemed so true and the challenges that they faced in their relationship, resonated with so many unsaid stories around the country.
2. A breathtaking soundtrack: ALTBalaji is known to create amazing music for its series, and they pulled all stops out for The Marrued Woman. Right from Khwabon Ka Ashiyana rendered tastefully by Isheeta Chakravarti, to Bematlab and Dil Ki Shaakh sung by Amrita Bagchi, all the songs hit home!
3. A mature relationship: Its not often that Bollywood has been successful in depicting a same same sex relationship with the maturity that we saw in The Married Woman. The love angle between Monica Dogra and Ridhi Dogra was treated with such respect and was so original that viewers are wanting another season to know the story of Astha and Peeplika.
4. Originality: We’ve seen several formula dramas, even on OTT platforms, but the way how The Married Woman was crafted was singular. It was more of a story about people and how they figure out meaningful relationships, regardless of gender.
5. Second Season: With a glacial cliffhanger, the season completely shocked the viewers. Whre will Astha and peeplika’s story go, everyone wants to know! Fingers crossed!